Goshen Baptist Church was established on April 27, 1872. Its first members were part of a segment of the former Piney Branch Baptist congregation which splintered over temperance as requirement for church membership. Melzi Chancellor, the first pastor, led the congregation which first met in homes and then later at P.B. Pritchett's blacksmith shop which was located across the road from the current church location. In 1874, 30 members of the church were granted fellowship with the Goshen Baptist Association. A deed for 3/4 acre of land given to the church by Parmenis and Ann E. Pritchett was recorded July 2, 1875, at the Spotsylvania Courthouse.

The first church building stood where the cemetery is now today. The frame of the building was likely erected in 1875 and materials were donated by the first congregation as well as materials salvaged by the old Piney Branch Church. In 1915, Goshen built its second structure where the current sanctuary now stands. The church established its cemetery in 1932.

In 1951, Goshen built a parsonage, departed from a field of churches and brought on our first full time pastor, K. Alvin Pitt. In 1957, Goshen became a member of the newly formed Fredericksburg Association. The Fellowship Hall addition of the church was dedicated on Homecoming Day, October 7, 1990. It now includes a large fellowship hall, kitchen, two nursery rooms and bathrooms.

Goshen, which began with 30 members who met once a month, now has over 100 members which meet for weekly Sunday morning services, Wednesday night fellowship, youth groups, children ministries and Bible study groups all year round. As a body of believers, we strive to make a positive impact upon our community and world with the life-saving and hope-filled message of Jesus Christ.